Monday, June 20, 2011

Desire the worst enemy and greatest friend

Desire is the human races worst enemy and greatest friend. Simple statement, complicated problem. It's crazy how desire can be the only thing that creates motivation and inspiration to do something with your life. It's the element that makes creating and reaching goals come alive. It's the reason people want to live, the desire to live, to be great, to win etc is more vital than a brain and a heart. Without desire you just become a body with a soul, but your empty, your lifeless. That's what a zombie is, a body with no desire. However, desire is the very thing that causes mass destruction, war, sexual and physical actions that are not necessarily moral. The very emotion that is blamed for bloodshed, loss of life, loss of houses, animal and human mistreatment. The cause for competition between countries for most resources, oil, intelligence and money. So what should desire be considered? A friend or foe? Unfortunately, that's the wrong question. It's not a matter of it being friend or foe, but the central issue is how can it be controlled? That very question is the thing that troubles my mind the most. Nothing would be out of my reach, nothing to stop me, nothing to get in your way either if you and I were to learn how to control such an emotion. Desire is scarier than anger, depression and love cause desire is at the centre of all of them. We are the hosts and desire is the parasite, but like a parasite we can control it. To do that you must find what desire is greater than desire itself for you as an individual? Because to beat desire you must find a desire more powerful than the one that stands in your own way. Fight fire with fire. Pleasing god and achieving my one and only personal goal in life is my greater desire. Though I've been able to control most of my greatest desires, one remains standing in my way. My greatest weakness is the lady. It's funny huh? My objective in life, is in my belief, the very thing that will conquer all  other accomplishments, yet a simple female population stands in my way.... You might have thought that my greatest weakness would be something greater? But things like glory and fame and power are the things I control the best. However, I have no shame in admitting my true weakness. Actually I love it and hate at the same time. I hate because it is such a strong opponent  that I'm going to need to strengthen my self beyond anything I've ever thought I was capable of doing. For that reason I also love it, because this very desire is the thing that will make me internally unreachable in potential. THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO CATCH YOUR ATTENTION. USE DEISRE TO MAKE YOURSELF STRONGER. What is better than the only thing in this world that can be your greatest enemy and friend? Because enemies and friends make you stronger, but this is your greatest enemy and friend. Therefore, it's the greatest element to make you internally unreachable in potential. Here is my ultimate challenge: Take a lifetime to control your desire, become the master of your self. How will you know that you've accomplished this challenge? That's easy, you will feel unreachable in potential. You won't know what that feels like till you get it, but when you do, you will. It will be the greatest feeling you have ever felt, the only emotion stronger than desire and only reachable when desire is completely controlled. 


p.s. Don't mistake controlling with eliminating! You must allow your positive desires to flourish to heavenly levels, but control your negatives in way that they shall sink to a hellish vault. 


Relevant quotes:

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”


You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment